Information Specific to Restaurants
Let customers know that your restaurant is ready to serve safely
The Wisconsin Restaurant Association’s Ready to Serve Safely program provides a checklist of safety measures to ensure your restaurant is ready to serve customers, safely.
Restaurants that pledge to follow the Ready to Serve Safely commitment will earn the endorsement of the program and will be listed in the Ready to Serve Safely directory of Wisconsin Restaurants.
The Ready to Serve Safely directory is promoted to diners looking for restaurants who are committed to serving their customers safely.
This program is available to WRA members only.
Interested in membership? Call Dawn Faris at 608.216.2834 or fill out this quick online form.
In order to be an approved restaurant, a restaurant must commit to the following:
- Follow FDA, CDC and EPA COVID-19 guidelines
- Adhere to Wisconsin and local health department orders or mandates
- Employee training on food safety, sanitation and COVID-19 mitigation practices.
- Adhere to the Wisconsin Restaurant Association Reopening guidance
Restaurants not adhering to the checklist of criteria will be removed from the program.
In return, restaurants pledging to follow the Ready to Serve Safely Commitment will:
- Be listed on the “Ready to Serve Safely” website as a participating restaurant
- Be promoted statewide in the “Ready to Serve Safely” public awareness campaign
- Receive a Digital Marketing Toolkit which includes social media posts and email templates
- Receive “Ready to Serve Safely” posters available to print and display at restaurant
- Receive a Record of Commitment
"I would like to thank you and your organization for creating the “Ready to Serve Safely” listing of participating restaurants. I saw your commercial during the 10:00 News on WTMJ. We are retired, and dining out at independent restaurants is one of our greatest pleasures.
Living where we do, in a small village in rural Racine County, it has been so frustrating to see so many businesses ignore or flaunt the best recommended practices! We’ve not dined indoors in a restaurant dining room since March. We tried to support our local restaurants by ordering curbside, but when the food was delivered by an unmasked employee, I never went back.
In looking over the list, we’ve been to several on the list in the Milwaukee area. We now feel much better about the possibility of returning to them.
I’ll never understand why so many restaurant owners (and other business owners) are willing to miss out on so much business from concerned consumers like us, who have the time, resources, and desire to support them! Please feel free to share my feelings with your members to encourage more participation.
Produced in partnership with the Wisconsin Department of Tourism